Company Name: KleverIdeas Limited
Company Number: 05975963
WHO WE ARE
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
This policy applies to any personal data that we collect about you when you:
- visit one of our websites;
- purchase products from us;
- contact us, for example by telephone, email, or through submitting a form on our websites.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
If you have an account with us or make a purchase online with us, or enter a competition or respond to a survey with us, we collect your name and contact details (including your address, telephone number, details about your order, and your billing information (where you are purchasing products)).
Each time you visit one of our websites, we will also automatically collect information and personal data about your computer for system administration including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type. We do this to help us analyse how users use the websites (including behaviour patterns and the tracking of visits across multiple devices), to establish more about our website users and to assist us in managing your account and improving your online experience. We also collect information about your activities on our websites, for example what device you are using and what products you're looking at.
Please see our cookies policy for further information about what information may be automatically collected when you visit our websites.
Please note that, from time to time, we will combine personal data that we receive from other sources with personal data you give to us and personal data we collect about you.
WHERE DO WE GET THIS INFORMATION FROM?
We collect some of your information directly from you, either through information that you give to us or information that we collect during your visits to our websites, or through your communications with us. We may also obtain some information from third parties, including retail analytics companies, consumer insight companies and credit reference agencies and publicly available sources to assist us with understanding customer demographics and shopper behaviours, or where we merge with or otherwise acquire another business.
WHY DO WE NEED YOUR INFORMATION?
The main purpose for which we use your information is to provide you with the products that you purchase from us and to send you offers and promotions that you might be interested in.
In particular, we use your information:
- to provide you with the products that you have purchased from us and any receipts of purchase, including to deliver your products, and to send you order status updates;
- to take payments for the products that you have purchased and to give refunds or exchanges;
- to provide customer service and support to you;
- to develop and improve our products and services;
- to develop and improve our websites and set default options for you (such as language and currency) and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner;
- to provide you with information that you request from us or which we feel may interest you. We may send you marketing information by email, SMS or post. This can include information about new products and offers that you may find interesting;
- to research our customers' preferences and trending products;
- to run surveys and competitions;
- to notify you about changes to our products;
BASIS FOR USING YOUR INFORMATION
Compliance with legal obligations
As a business there are certain laws we need to comply with. In particular, we will need to process your personal information to verify your identity and for fraud and crime prevention purposes. Failure to provide the requisite personal information on sign-up / as you use our websites, may mean we cannot provide our products to you, as to allow you to purchase our products may mean we may be in breach of our legal obligations. You will not be able to object to processing or ask for the deletion of your personal information insofar as it falls under this category.
When you enter into a transaction with us or one of our brands, a contract between you and the relevant brand will have been entered into. In order for us to fulfil our obligations under such contract (e.g. to allow you to place an order and receive products from us), we will need to collect and process your personal information. Failure to provide the requisite personal information on sign-up to an account or on placing an order and payment information or objecting to this type of processing / exercising your deletion rights will mean we cannot provide our products to you.
Legitimate business interests
- provide you with products as requested by you;
- carry out research to understand our customers and how they purchase and use our products;
- develop and improve our products.
We will send you marketing communications where you have not told us that you wish to unsubscribe from marketing and where you have purchased similar products and/ or services from the same brand or legal entity (as set out in the table above). We rely on our legitimate interests to do this, and you have the right to object to processing of this nature at any time by contacting our data protection team using the details at the start of this privacy notice.
You will also receive marketing communications from us where you have signed up, or otherwise consented, to receive marketing messages from us.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
We do not, and will not, sell any of your information to any third party, including your name, address, email address or credit card information. However, we do share your information with a number of select third parties to enable us to provide our products and services to you, to send marketing information and to improve our business operations as set out below.
We will also use a number of carefully selected third parties to help us to provide you with products, services and to market to you. In particular, we disclose your information to:
- Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses, order packers and delivery companies;
- Our trusted service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners, website hosts and other third parties who provide services to help us to tailor our marketing to you;
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies;
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites, including companies such as Facebook and Google; and
- We will provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
We will only share your information with third party suppliers where it is necessary for them to provide us with the services we need.
We may disclose your information to other companies in connection with any merger, acquisition, insolvency situation or otherwise, in which case we will only disclose your information so far as is necessary.
We may also need to disclose personal data to third parties to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or if necessary for legal proceedings.
WHAT AUTOMATED DECISIONS DO WE MAKE ABOUT YOU?
We carry out some profiling of you for the purposes of improving and developing our products and services and to help us to tailor our marketing to you.
The impact of any automated decision is to ensure you experience the best service possible.
We use information that we learn about you such as your gender, preferences, hobbies, interests and purchase history to make sure the marketing you receive from us and the way our websites are displayed to you are appropriate and tailored to you.
WHERE IS YOUR INFORMATION STORED AND HOW LONG DO WE KEEP IT FOR?
Retention of your personal data
- cookies are deleted in accordance with our cookies policy;
- marketing consents will be refreshed/deleted after 6 years, however, our aim is only to market to you for as long as we believe you want to continue hearing from us based on how you interact with us.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we will also keep hold of some of your information, even if it is no longer needed to provide our services to you.
Security of your personal data
Transmission of information via the internet is not and cannot be completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our websites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
WHAT NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We may also collect non-personally identifiable information (that is, information that does not specifically identify you), for the purposes of aggregates and statistics.
WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE?
In some instances, we may be unable to carry out your request, in which case we will contact you to explain why.
We always give you the choice of whether or not you wish to receive marketing communications from us (for example by providing opportunities to opt-out of receiving marketing from us). We may rely on your consent or our legitimate interests to process your data for marketing purposes, as explained above.
WHAT IF YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT?
You can also contact the Information Commissioner's Office at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF www.ico.org.uk.
Our websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or your use of those websites.